Nearly $800,000 in scholarships
for eligible New
See if you qualify for a scholarship to one of the first three Fullstack
Bootcamp cohorts, sponsored by the City of New York.
Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp, part of NYC Cyber
New York City wants to be the next global leader in cyber security.
That means investing in new cyber security technologies, attracting cyber security companies--and making sure our city has the workforce to make it all happen. And we're just one part of that.
While you're learning cyber security skills here at the Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp, other partners will be developing a cyber security curriculum for universities and building a cyber security startup incubator.
This scholarship from New York City pays up to 100% of your tuition at Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp.
To realize its cyber security goals, the City of New York is offering full-tuition scholarships to 24 qualifying New Yorkers to attend the first Founder’s Cohort of the Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp 100% tuition-free.
And it doesn't stop there.
Each of the first three Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp cohorts, known as Founder’s Cohorts, will offer a number of full-tuition scholarships to eligible applicants. Here’s how it works:
- All Cyber NYC Bootcamp Scholarship recipients will receive a $17,610-dollar-education for free.
- To reserve their spot in the program, they will be required to pay a $2,000 deposit at the time of enrollment, but that deposit will be refunded to them in total upon program completion.
- Students who are unable to pay the $2,000 deposit will have the option to apply for a loan through our lending partner Skills Fund.
$2,000 Deposit + $0 Tuition - $2,000 Deposit Refund = $0 Total Cost to Eligible New Yorkers
Cyber NYC Bootcamp Scholarship Breakdowns
Note: Applicants not eligible for Cyber NYC Bootcamp Scholarships may also apply to Skills Fund (or any other lender) to finance their tuition. They may also be eligible for our $1,000 Ada Lovelace scholarship for women, our $1,000 scholarship for veterans--or even both. Please indicate your qualification for Ada Lovelace or your veteran status on your application form.
Cyber NYC Bootcamp Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Making tech education more accessible is a huge part of our mission--and that means providing opportunities to those who otherwise might not get them. With that in mind, the City of New York requires that applicants meet certain requirements before they can receive any scholarship to the Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp.
You are eligible for a scholarship only if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are at least 18 years old
You are a resident of New York City at the time of your application
- Includes the five boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island
- Verification documentation could include a lease in your name, a utility bill, a library card, etc.
You make less than $50,000 a year
- Includes anyone who is unemployed
- You are authorized to work in the United States
- You have no previous experience working in cyber security
- You do not have a degree in cyber security
- You meet federal selective service requirements (male applicants only)
If you qualify...
Once you've applied to the program, completed the admissions process, and received an acceptance, you will be required to provide documentation of your eligibility as outlined above.
If you don't...
Each of our Founder’s Cohorts will be made up of both scholarship recipients and full-tuition students. Anyone who does not meet the Cyber NYC Bootcamp Scholarship requirements can still apply to and be considered for any Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp cohort. Full-tuition students may qualify for financial aid in the form of Skills Fund loans and/or any of the scholarships listed above.
For questions about eligibility, email us and we'll help you figure it out.Send us an email